How to Promote Your Music

Promoting your music yourself is easier today than it has ever been. We have so many social and promotional platforms at our fingertips and it is important for all musicians to focus on what digital marketing has to offer!

The Internet has opened up endless possibilities no matter your age to promote your music.

With some basic strategies, you will be able to get your music out digitally and promote yourself all while building a “brand” around your music.

Taking advantage of online marketing is one that you can begin focusing on early on in your music career. But how did I get started? I focused on the major areas: establishing a digital presence and staying active on social media and having a centralized hub (this website) for fans and industry professionals.

Establish a Digital Presence

Facebook. Instagram. YouTube. Oh my!

Establishing a digital presence might seem daunting at first. You want to create social media accounts and profiles that are easy to find, updated often, and an easy place to promote your music. For FREE! The last thing you want to do is turn off a potential fan because they have to look too hard to find your digital presence or you cannot keep your accounts up to date.

I love to use social media to connect with fans and other artists. I have a YouTube channel, which is free for me to set up and free for my fans to subscribe to it. My YouTube channel has both of my singles, Two Times and TA$TE IT, and will have even more soon!

Two Times (official audio): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmsdVLdfDi8

Two Times (official lyric video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjN4_L3qdVc

TA$TE IT (lyrical video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LYh9GtsCQs

The more you get yourself out there the more you will be building your “brand.” Your brand is not just about your music, it is also about who you are and what you stand for. About 80% of your social media posts should be interesting, funny, and conversational. The other 20% should be used for promotional material.

Feel free to post pictures of you in your day-to-day life as well as you're performing at a music venue (or virtual events). Your users will want to keep coming back because they not only have a connection with your music but with you.

Create a Centralized Hub

Having a centralized hub for all your info is extremely important. Creating a website may feel old-fashioned with today’s social media presence, but it is important to have a one-stop-shop where your fans and listeners can find everything in one convenient location.

Your website is a place for you to showcase and promote everything. It should always be changing and adapting just as you are always changing and adapting in your music career.

If you are just starting out and do not have a lot to put on your website, a great way to get people to stop by your website as often as possible is to start a blog. A blog is a great solution to keep your fans coming back for more from you. Plan out regular blog posts and share anything that you think your fans would find interesting. Like how to write a song!

My webpage is a great place for me to promote all of my talents, not just my music. On my site, you can learn all about me, see my acting headshots, watch demo reels, learn about the books I’ve written, as well as see book reviews. I’m here to help other young talent develop so I also share tips I’ve learned so far in my acting career, as a published children’s book author, and now my music career.

Stay Consistent and Keep Singing!

Remember Rome was not built in a day. Do not feel overwhelmed if you do not have an instant following of fans. Take pride in your development as an artist and know that you are on your way to establishing an online business presence that will undoubtedly help you navigate the music industry.

Follow me on YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram to learn more about my music and to hear my two new singles, Two Times and TA$TE IT.

Follow Katrina
  • Black Facebook Icon
  • Black Twitter Icon
  • Katrina Kusa Instagram